Many of you Social Media enthusiasts love WordPress and stand behind the platform 100%, and I’m in the same boat as you. It’s robust, adored by search engines, intuitive, and ultimately an all around kick butt system that can be used for blogs or as a Content Management System (CMS). But when it comes to e-commerce systems, who takes the cake?
My pride and joy of the e-commerce world is Magento — what I would call the e-commerce equivalent of WordPress. I have been using Magento since the beta version was released, and with each core software update, and new extension rounding the corner, it continues to impress me. Please find a few highlights of Magento below:
- Customizable — Every aspect of the store can be controlled and customized, though some areas do require a developer with experience in Magento.
- Made for SEO — Magento is very SEO friendly. Clients that have switched to Magento from other systems have noticed a significant increase in website traffic with no increased marketing efforts. In fact, I have a test website in Magento that sells green products and simply have no time to manage it let alone market the site. But, to my surprise, we still have orders rolling in a few times per week.
- Designs/Themes — Similar to WordPress, Magento has themes or designs that are pre-made and can be loaded to a Magento install. There are a variety of free themes, inexpensive ($20-$75) themes, and one can create a totally custom theme, which is what we usually do.
- Google Base Integration — Products on a Magento store and be quickly and easily added to Google Base, which provides visibility in the Google Product Search. A lengthy, bothersome process is slimmed down to a simple task.
- Massive Community — Magento boasts a whopping 60,000+ merchants, has 2,000+ extensions, and has pushed through over $25 billion in transactions. Proof in the pudding? I think so.
In conclusion, if you are looking to launch an e-commerce store — either starting a new venture or taking a brick and mortar business online — Magento is the way to go. Trust me.
Aaron Schoenberger is Founder of The Brainchild Group — a digital advertising agency that specializes in innovative Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media marketing strategies. He’s known for his work with celebrity clients, top restaurants, professional athletes and Fortune 500 companies.
Feel free to Contact Us for more information.