StarKist, which was recently acquired by Korean food mogul Dongwon, is pouring $9-million into a new ‘Think Tuna’ marketing campaign that highlights the benefits of tuna and slings Charlie the Tuna back into stardom. With the economy still at a low, an increasing amount of consumers are purchasing canned tuna, so this marketing campaign truly hits the spot.
Marketing Rants + Critiques
I don’t know about you, but I just can’t stand all of the false real estate advertisements I see all over the net; they really annoy me. As a customer, misleading ads that are intended to draw visitors to a real estate broker’s site are a big turn-off. Providing factual, accurate information is the one and only way to attract qualified visitors and maintain a decent online image.
When it comes to marketing, I’m one critical person, and sometimes too critical. This can be bad, though sometimes good.
Advertising is one of the few aspects of a business that needs to really, and I mean really, be impeccable. There is no cutting corners, saving a buck, and settling for less. If you can’t go big, go home.
As the title says, I’ve come to the conclusion that bus stop advertisements, namely the ones that appear on the rear of benches, are truly a joke, especially in populated cities. Really, what’s the point? More than 90% of the time people are sitting at the bus stop; their bodies cutting off the punch line of a cheesy ad. For the other 10% of the time, the ad isn’t visible due to graffiti, urban mobile homes (shopping carts), etc. This is the sad reality.
Many of you, like myself, have been constantly seeing commercials with a green background and the numbers 230 appear on the screen, then 8-11. The zero is an odd little power outlet face that turns from an “oh-no!” expression to a smiley face. Interesting, very interesting.